In the Washington State system the Destruction of either Plants or Inventory is a two step process. First Schedule for Destruction (and move to Quarantine). Then confirm the destruction.
The system does not (generally) automatically destroy these for you, it must be confirmed.
- Select the Items (either Plants or Inventory)
- Schedule for Destruction.
- You must enter a reason by choosing a select class of reasons and entering a free-text explanation.
- Wait for 72 hours, a required quarantine period
- Move the Materials from Quarantine to the Garbage
- Confirm Destruction in the software.
While waiting in the Quarantine period the materials should not be touched, moved or modified at all.
Physical destruction means either
- Bagging the materials and placing in a waste bin for commerical waste pickup.
- Mixing the materials into a compost pile with at least 50% non-marijuana materials.